An addiction to drugs or alcohol shatters lives. The long-term effect can seem irreversible to the addict or the alcoholic. There are hundreds if not thousands of men and women in Champaign County alone suffering from dependency to either drugs or alcohol, and they end up losing the things they cherish the most: self-esteem, self-respect, home, family, friends, jobs, and their children. This doesn’t have to be because there is help available for those who wish to gain control of their lives. Call the Men’s SAFE House at 217-344-7233
The Men’s SAFE House mission is to combat the incidence and impact of drugs and alcohol abuse among men and women; to empower them to make informed choices about their future and the future of their dependent children.
To provide a Substance Abuse Free Environment for men and women suffering from drugs or alcohol addiction (shelter, food, clothing, counseling and Christian
About the Program:
The men entering the program must first acknowledge that he has a substance abuse problem. Once accepted, the applicant must agree to participate in a 12-month residential program. While in the program, the resident will follow a disciplined regimen. Residents attend chapel, prayer service, classroom sessions, work projects and study hall each day.
Your tax-deductible contribution will help to cover the costs of:
- Accommodations for the residents
- Substance abuse classes
- Family life skill classes
- Violence prevention classes
- Communication skill classes
Our Goal is to Provide:
- A safe and drug-free shelter for men suffering from drugs or alcohol abuse
- Basic services (food, clothing, personal hygiene supplies, medical exam, health services, and legal services) for residents to recover from the abuse of drugs and alcohol, so that they may re-enter society as responsible and fully functional citizens.
- Christian educational and Spiritual guidance that will serve as their foundation for re-entering society
- Counseling—so that residents will understand the negative effects of drugs or alcohol abuse.
- A drug-free environment for the residents to re-connect with their children
- Classes on self-esteem and self-development, so that those who do not have a high school diploma will have an opportunity to complete their GED
- Specialized services (medical exams, referrals, legal services, etc.)
- Advocates who will assist the men and women in their quest to live a drug-free life
- Legal consultations for residents as needed
- To eradicate the abuse of drugs or alcohol in the lives of men and women
- To return them to loved ones confident and substance abuse free
- Funds to maintain the Men’s SAFE House facility
- Competitive salaries for staff
Canaan Development Foundation – Men’s SAFE House
Please make checks payable to Canaan Development Foundation
All contributions are tax deductible
By Mail: Contributions can be sent to:
Canaan Development Foundation
404 W. Main St.
Urbana, IL 61801
Only through your support can we assist those locked in the throes of substance abuse. Help us by giving a tax-exempt contribution.
For more information, contact
Canaan Development Foundation
404 W. Main Street, Urbana, Illinois